The Barnabas Connection is hiring a new Executive Director. The Board is looking for that special person who can help us take this well-recognized community organization and grow it into the future.
Please apply by March 21, 2018. The Board expects to interview and hire before mid-April.
Barnabas Connection Executive Director Job Description
The Barnabas Connection is seeking an Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a record of success in managing multiple programs at once, engaging with volunteers and supporters, supervising staff, as well as managing day to day administrative duties. They will also be excited to work with the board and staff to maintain current programming.
This position is full-time with some weekend and evening work as needed. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. No health benefits are included in this position.
- Fundraising and Development
- Maintain relationships with existing donors. Write and submit grant proposals as directed by the Board
- Assist in implementing donor strategy along with board and development volunteer team
- Complete annual thank you and receipt process as required by the IRS for donations over $250
Financial and Administrative
- Supervise staff and volunteers
- Financial management including but not limited to budget oversight, monitoring income and managing expenses
- Manage key administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) insurance, and all contracts/agreements
- Support the Board and participate in all Board meetings
- Prepare and timely submit required government reports and documents
- Support and implement the Christmas Store – annual Christmas Assistance program
- Support and implement the Back to School Fiesta program
- Support and provide oversight to the Best Buds Student Mentoring Program
- Support and provide oversight to the Helpline and phone volunteers
- Maintain and publish the annual Community Resource Guide
- 5 years professional experience. Preference given to candidates with previous experience as an Executive Director and/or working with non–profits
- Appreciation for social services and community transformation
- Demonstrated experience managing individual donor fundraising activities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with thoroughness, accuracy, timeliness, professionalism, and a positive spirit
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and internet
- Ability to learn software programs: DonorSnap database, QuickBooks accounting, Word Press website management and Microsoft Publisher
- Familiarity with Facebook and other social media platforms