The Barnabas Connection Interim Executive Director Job Description
Expected Duration: 3 – 6 months
Part Time: 20 -30 hours a week approximately
The Barnabas Connection is seeking an Interim Executive Director to support the organization during our leadership transition. The ideal candidate will have a record of success in managing multiple programs at once, engaging with volunteers and supporters, supervising staff, as well as managing day to day administrative duties. They will also be excited to work with the board and staff to maintain current programming.
This position is part time with some weekend and evening work as needed. The Interim Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. No benefits are included in this position.
Fundraising and Development
- Maintain relationships with existing funders, submit reoccurring grant proposals in partnership with the Board.
- Assist in implementing donor strategy along with board and development volunteer team.
- Complete annual thank you and receipt process as required by the IRS for donations over $250.
Financial and Administrative
- Supervise staff and volunteers
- Financial management including but not limited to maintaining budget oversight, managing income and expenses.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks appreciated.
- Willingness to learn: DonorSnap database
- Manage key administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) insurance, and all contracts/agreements
- Support the Board and participate in all Board meetings
- Support and assist with the Christmas Store – annual Christmas Assistance program.
- Support and provide limited oversight for the flood recovery program.
- Support and provide limited oversight to the Best Buds Program.
- Support and provide limited oversight to the Helpline and phone volunteers.
- 5 years professional experience. Preference given to candidates with previous experience as an Executive Director and/or working with Nonprofits.
- Appreciation for social services and community transformation.
- Demonstrated experience managing individual donor fundraising activities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with thoroughness, accuracy, timeliness, professionalism, and a positive spirit.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new software
Applicants should email a (1) cover letter and (2) resume with (3) requested hourly wage to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Interim Executive Director.” Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
The interim Executive Director will be allowed to apply for the full time Executive Director position once open.
Please apply by October 31 for consideration for this position. The Board expects to interview on a rolling basis and hire in early November.