Barnabas relies on grants and donations to provide assistance to our neighbors in need. Donations support our education, advocacy, and direct service programs in Wimberley and Hays County, Texas:
- Resource Referral Hotline
- Community Resource Directory
- Back to School Fiesta
- NEW Project: The Christmas Store – coming in December, 2014!
- NEW Project: Senior Expo – coming in February, 2015!
- Wimberley Employment Opportunities – Job Referrals
- Education on issues surrounding poverty, mental health, etc.
- Advocacy with service providers to assist clients in need.
The Barnabas Connection is a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible.
The Barnabas Connection began as an outreach of the Wimberley United Methodist Church in 2004 focused on connecting people in need with resources to help them. In 2013, the Barnabas Connection officially incorporated and received 501(c)(3) status.
Over the last ten plus years, the Barnabas Connection has grown into a community organization focused on addressing the health and human service needs of our community through education, advocacy and direct service.
Foundations and Organizations that have funded the work of the Barnabas Connection:
- City of Wimberley
- Hunter’s Night Out – Knights of Columbus
- Lion’s Club of Wimberley
- Rotary Club of Wimberley
- Wimberley Community Civic Club
- Pedernales Electric Cooperative
- Seton Medical Center Hays
- Trull Foundation
- Texas Methodist Foundation
- Austin District of the United Methodist Church
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries
- Burdine Johnson Foundation
- Carducci Trust
- Tarrytown United Methodist Church
- Carl C. Anderson, Sr. and Marie Jo Anderson Charitable Foundation
Operation Good Shepherd
OGS of the Wimberley Ministerial Alliance provides financial assistance to help Wimberley Valley residents with rent, utility bills, medical and transportation needs. Donations designated for Operation Good Shepherd (OGS) should be made out to “Barnabas Connection OGS ” and sent:
PO Box 737
Wimberley, TX 78676.
Donations to OGS are tax-deductible as a project of the Barnabas Connection.
The following churches are active participants in Operation Good Shepherd and can also accept tax-deductible donations on behalf of OGS:
- Cypress Creek Church
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
- Lutheran Church of the Resurrection
- Wimberley United Methodist Church
- Unity Church of Wimberley
- Wimberley Presbyterian Church
- Chapel in the Hills
- Wimberley Christian Church
- Wimberley Church of Christ
At the heart of the Barnabas Connection are our many volunteers: volunteers who serve daily on our resource referral phone line, on the board of directors, supporting the annual Back to School Fiesta, and more!
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please complete the short form on our volunteer page!Contact Barnabas Connection for More Information!