We hope this note finds you and your loved ones doing well. In 2014, the Barnabas Connection celebrated our development and realized more of who we hope to become.
In 2014, The Barnabas Connection:
• Applied for 501(c)3 status, which was granted in September;
• Celebrated 10 years of serving our neighbors in need in Wimberley and Hays County;
• Became a Community Partner with the Texas Health and Human Services Agency;
• Released the updated Wimberley Community Resource Directory, provided free through the schools, local library, and visitor’s center;
• Co-hosted a discussion with local volunteers and community leaders regarding the development of a Wimberley community service center;
• Provided approximately 500 local students with free school supplies, backpacks, and Payless Shoes gift cards to start the 2014-2015 school year;
• Joined the Wimberley Chamber of Commerce;
• Received a grant from the City of Wimberley for the Resource Referral program;
• Received a grant from the Knights of Columbus Hunter’s Night Out;
• Began planning for a “Senior Expo” in partnership with the Wimberley Senior Citizen Activity Center, Inc. (to be held February 2015);
• Received a grant from Pedernales Electric Cooperative to purchase several laptops for the Community Partner Program;
• Responded to 1100 calls seeking assistance and trained 3 additional phone volunteers;
• Assisted 88 local families in need with financial assistance from Operation Good Shepherd, the Wimberley Ministerial Alliance fund;
• Increased the Executive Director to a full-time position in October;
• Voted as one of three nonprofits to receive a donation from King Feed during their Fall Festival;
• Launched a pilot “Christmas Store” – Christmas assistance that maintains hope and dignity for families in need.
As you consider your end-of-year giving, please remember the Barnabas Connection and our work in Wimberley and Hays County. Donations can be made in honor or memory of a loved one and should be made to the “Barnabas Connection” and mailed to PO Box 737, Wimberley, TX 78676. All donations postmarked by December 31 will be included in your 2014 giving receipt.
The Barnabas Connection is made possible by volunteers and donors like you who believe in our work of connecting people in need with resources to help them, while providing pathways to sustainability. Thank you for a wonderful year filled with blessings! And may 2015 be just as bright with hope and care!
Vicki McCuistion, Executive Director
The Barnabas Connection Board of Directors